Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge

Kiwi

I have just found an interesting spot that I thought might be worth a visit when I drive from Salt Lake to Dubois, the Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge. I see that it has deer, moose, pronghorn and a lot of other wildlife.

Has anyone visited there recently, or even in the fall, and can pass on any tips to enjoy the area? e.g. best places to view big game.

I also am thinking of camping at one of the free BLM campgrounds just to the north i.e. Slate Creek, Weeping Rock and Tailrace.

More waterfowl than anything. You will see plenty of pronghorn and a few deer and moose as well. That stretch of the Green can be great fishing at times. I have had good success with large streamer patterns. It is a fairly narrow strip along the river. For moose during the day stick to the patches of Cottonwoods. You should be able to find solitude at any one of the those camping spots. Hope you have a good time.

I went to school with the resource manager there. It's a neat spot and mulecreek has it right, mostly waterfowl and not likely crowded. It's high desert/sage steppe, not a deer hot spot that time of year but maybe you'll bump a moose. I bet you'll have seen a thousand antelope by the time you get there from the WY border but they have those too.

Thanks for the comments. Will try and spot a moose in the cottonwoods. Can't wait.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back