PEAX Equipment

Seating depth advice

I have learned that freebore can be a good thing. I think some of your increments are too fine to give meaningful data, and your biggest jump is only .055”. Try jumping them farther. Would I take a load that shoots great .025” jump but bad at .030”- no way because I’ll always be chasing the lands as my throat erodes. I’m looking for a wide comfort zone. Not sure if you’re using a magnetospeed but you posted velocity data- I would not do this work with one of those strapped on my barrel.

I have learned that freebore can be a good thing. I think some of your increments are too fine to give meaningful data, and your biggest jump is only .055”. Try jumping them farther. Would I take a load that shoots great .025” jump but bad at .030”- no way because I’ll always be chasing the lands as my throat erodes. I’m looking for a wide comfort zone. Not sure if you’re using a magnetospeed but you posted velocity data- I would not do this work with one of those strapped on my barrel.
If your trying to find your powder charge with the velocity node method, the Magnetospeed is fine.
Personally, i wouldn't use one if i were trying to shoot groups.

I have been to a short range BR match and someone have a Magnetospeed strapped to the barrel during the match.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back