Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sea to Summit pads

Never tried one but like the reviews on REI...the price seems to be not that far off other brands.

I can commiserate about the noise and being bucked off NeoAir...to the point I'd rather sleep directly on the ground

Last edited:
All hilarity aside.....I did check out the S2S pads last summer alongside the Klymit StaticX and InertiaX. The S2S pads seemed nice, pads are hard for me judge as the big issue for me is durability. This is probably why I slept on a Z-Lite for so long.

As for staying in the saddle while sleeping, I really liked the StaticX, but it weighs a little more vs the comparable S2S if I remember right.

In the end I went with the Inertia X, as I am a pretty warm sleeper, and I liked that she is slim enough to climb right in your sleeping bag with you.;)

I'm interested in these as well. Reviews look solid.

I've got a Useless Big Agnes that leaks around the valve and got rid of my neo-air which was louder than tin-foil covered bubble wrap.

I'm lucky enough to have CampSaver nearby and was able to pump up everything they carry and try them out in the store. I ended up with the S2S ComfortPlus Insulated.

I like the double-bladder system which I adjust to be firm on the bottom and soft on the top. Either bladder can be inflated with around 10 breaths and holds air through the night. I also use a quilt with an uninsulated bottom and still have never been cold at night. It's been quite impressive so far.

Still a little crinkly, but not nearly as noisy as some of the others. It's probably worth a shot if you're looking for a new pad.

Last edited:
The Klymits look interesting and are cheaper than the S2S

And the Static V is 30 inches wide for "husky kids".

Last edited:
I have a Klymit Static V. I think it's pretty comfy, although I have limited experience with other brands to compare. IIRC, it's a bit wider than other brands too, although as stated above the luxe version is wider.

It's supposed to be a bit more durable with the fabric they use too. And it's quite a bit cheaper than others. I think I got mine for $75, pretty cheap investment.

My only gripe at this point is the weight (25 oz). Klymit now has a 'lite' version that saves a few ounces, probably at the expense of durability though. I'd recommend it though, it's a good pad for the price.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back