SE Wyoming/Laramie Small Game Hunters

R

rwc101

Hi all,

Just seeing if there's any hunters in the Laramie area who go after small game. I'm moving back to Laramie soon. I didn't do much hunting during my first stint there, but I hope to change that in a big way. I'll be focusing on grouse and rabbit this fall while I wait to regain my residency.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding either. We target grouse during the archery season.
Welcome back to town.
You might find a wolf roaming around too, predator zone here.

I don't know of any stellar rabbit hunting. I've found a few in the Vedauwoo area. I've found grouse west of Woods Landing and in North Gate Canyon. I've found loads of sage grouse in Shirley Basin that magically disappear on the sage grouse opener and magically re-appear during elk season. You can also hunt ptarmigan in CO not too far from Laramie. In CO, the price for a daily NR small game license is reasonable.

Thanks for the input guys. I saw a few grouse by Woods Landing before, so I'll definitely hit that up again.

I consider anywhere within 1 1/2 hrs "around Laramie" so I can find some birds, not tons but some. Lots of other small game too. Fishing will be good when conditions are right.

RWC there's a decent chance I'll be moving to Laramie as well. I loved hunting small game and grouse during my first stint in Wyoming, so if you're looking for a hunting partner just let me know. You can find cottontails pretty easily once you dial them in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back