sd west river special buck draw

Congrats! Can you please educate us (me) dummies? Whats the difference between a "Special Buck" and a standard West river tag? Thanks!

It's been a few years since I've looked at the Special Buck Apps but you used to even have to list the name of the landowner that you have permission to hunt when applying... Another difference is cost - special buck is $175 for residents and $560 for NR's - in comparison to the 'normal' west river deer tag pricing...

ohhh, so with Sp. buck you can hunt multiple units as long as you stay on private land only. Suppose it is easier to draw than some units and harder to draw than other units. Thanks for clarifying!

ohhh, so with Sp. buck you can hunt multiple units as long as you stay on private land only. Suppose it is easier to draw than some units and harder to draw than other units. Thanks for clarifying!
You can hunt ALL west river units.

The special buck tag is great if your a big $ hunter, gives you opportunity in every county west river. It makes it easier for the outfitters as well.

It's been a few years since I've looked at the Special Buck Apps but you used to even have to list the name of the landowner that you have permission to hunt when applying... Another difference is cost - special buck is $175 for residents and $560 for NR's - in comparison to the 'normal' west river deer tag pricing...
yes you need to give the landowner contact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back