Scrolling vs. Strolling

squirrel

While on a 21 mile loop I re-visited the thread about fires while in a spot with reception. I cant imagine trying to make a hunt plan based on the internet. I prefer the "strolling for data" approach myself.

It's been a good summer overall for strolling, wet, cool, big fires kinda camping, a pleasant change from the last few. Rotating the boys through to get them in some kind of conditioning going into the booked solid time of year.

Man, are our elk hurting, where 10 years ago there were hundreds there are now pairs, where the deer were beyond convenient counting I have more fingers than I have seen in total all summer on my hikes combined. Still pretty though, but not nearly as pretty. Some of you "Johnny-come-lately's" to western adventures are in for a rough few decades I think.

tempImage33jn4n.jpgtempImageXRaLzJ.jpgtempImagejan0rS.jpg For any who want to learn something pay attention to my "burn" pictures... You see the horizontal limbs on the scorched trees? That is what you are wanting to see, the fire scorched and killed the trees but not too severely, and the soil is not toast. Re-growth is going crazy and the good kind, not the weeds. The bunch grass looks painted it is so green.

And of course I owe it all too "woodswanderer"... If not for his benevolent bureaucratic oversite I would have surely met my doom, shiny new signs telling me I'm on my own, and that they will hire you even if you are weird... Vital info in the back country, for sure.

tempImage3jemax.jpgtempImageqWvO3D.jpgtempImage4SEahz.jpgtempImagetqXvbP.jpgtempImageQr0Y8T.jpgtempImageTVCkfh.jpgtempImageIr6D2t.jpgtempImagex5W2US.jpgtempImagegi7wpQ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back