Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ScreaminReel is going away

Nut

Tomorrow is the day that we are taking our oldest to The Job Corps in Dayton,Ohio.

It is going to be strange to have him away from us like this. Heck tonight might even be the last time there are the 5 of us living in the same house.
eek.gif

Lots of thoughts and memories are happening in my mind(yep I actually have 1).

So best of luck son.
wink.gif

Knock 'em dead, Screamin' Reel.

Don't worry, Nut - they always come back. I have a 28-year old and grandchild back now, and the others have all lived here for a few months at various times. The problem then is getting them out once they find out how much easier they have it at home...

Vipe - I know that it is hard when the first one leaves. But, they do come back. It won't be the same, but they do come back. It is a lot nicer this way, though, than the way it goes a lot of times. The fear, uncertainty and the thought of the separation often create tension and arguments so that the child leaves in anger, using that anger as the motivation rather than accepting leaving as a part of normal growing up. (Am I making sense?) It is a credit to you and your family that your son is doing this and knows that he has the support and love of his family.

Hopefully he is doing alright. I am planning on a couple of weekend hunting trips for him so he might get a chance at getting a deer this year(He already goofed 3 chances
wink.gif
)

He wants us to bring him some stuff there this weekend. (tv,playstation,pop,$$$$)

I have heard that the requests from the child are normal.
rolleyes.gif

Just got off phone with him. He lost his ID and dorm key. I told him he would have to replace them himself if they are truly lost. Also told him that he would have to wait until Friday for some of his requests since we will be driving right by where he is. This will save us some traveling this weekend. Heck I told him it would be cheaper if I just sent the stuff UPS instead of traveling there and back.
Going to take a calling card to him also.

I supported his decision of not taking culinary arts. He is going to take a construction trade it seems.

Guess ya have to let them grow up sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back