Scope Recommendations For T/C New Englander

Nicoli7153

Putting a scope back on my old T/C New Englander and am looking for a low power scope recommendation. Just want to use it for aiming at less than 100 yards. It's a cap and ball gun that I had scope on before, but it got damaged and I'm would like to get another one on there because I'm having a hard time with the buckhorn that came with it. It's already drilled and taped and I have a set of mounts for the old scope rings (one inch)

Looking for something small so it will clear the hammer. Had the hammer bent for the old scope so it would clear the 4x Tasco Golden Antler that was one in before.

Any help would be appreciated. Just need it for aiming and light gathering.

You might think about a red dot rather than scope. For 100 yards or less, it might actually be better. I have a Sig Romeo 5 on a Ruger 10/22 takedown that works really well. Food for thought.

You might think about a red dot rather than scope. For 100 yards or less, it might actually be better. I have a Sig Romeo 5 on a Ruger 10/22 takedown that works really well. Food for thought.
Thanks I was wondering about that. Will check in to it and see if that's an option (mounting wise)

I killed my first several deer, a couple coyotes, rabbits, and even some squirrels with my New Englander. I absolutely loved the gun and sold it like a moron when I needed $200.

That being said, I had a quality 4x32 on it and it did everything I needed it to do. I killed stuff with it from 10-100 yards.

You can splurge and get a “really nice” 4x32 for around $100.

I tried the red dot and found that I preferred the magnification. Any speed I gained with the red dot I gave up in long range precision. Since I don’t tend to snap shoot my MLs, I like the ability to make my one shot count a bit more with the scope.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back