Scope Base Inch-Pounds?

RugerHawg413

I bought a muzzleloader and then bought a scope base that had no instructions (it was T/C Scope Base). The screws are 6-48 size. How many inch-pounds should I tighten it to? Thanks for all the info!

For a centerfire rifle, I use blue loctite and crank til just shy of my hands bleeding. Don't do that when mounting the scope in the rings, however.

google the model of scope base torque specs that's the only way to know for sure. I agree with homers is that it'll probably be somewhere between 20 and 30. Also a phone call to Thompson Center will prevent you from destroying your bases and screws.

Ok, thanks for all the info! I'm thinking 20in-lb and some blue loctite. Thanks again!

Boy I miss the good old days. Back then most f us didn't have an in pounds torque wrench, we simply tighten down the mounting screw's snug with a bit of loc tight or finger nail polish on the threads. What inch pounds. My Mossberg opened the world of torque wrench to me. They recommend 25 inch pounds on the action screw's. I tried the old way and simply destroyed the plastic trigger guard! I thik RugerHawg413 pretty much has it but I still just tighten then down snug!

Boy I miss the good old days. Back then most f us didn't have an in pounds torque wrench, we simply tighten down the mounting screw's snug with a bit of loc tight or finger nail polish on the threads. What inch pounds. My Mossberg opened the world of torque wrench to me. They recommend 25 inch pounds on the action screw's. I tried the old way and simply destroyed the plastic trigger guard! I thik RugerHawg413 pretty much has it but I still just tighten then down snug!

I have hunted with two different people who did the same thing and their scopes became loose during a hunt...

Use blue loktite and use the torque wrench based on the thread size like I mentioned. You will NEVER have an issue with your scope base or rings.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back