SC hogs

pawhitetail

I was wondering if anyone here has hunted hogs in South Carolina? I'm specifically looking for a hog and deer hunt that can include my 10 year old son. I've looked at some outfitters and have also been looking at DIY but would like some input from some people that have experience.

I did some spot and stalk hog hunting near Kershaw, SC. It was a small hunt club and I was there helping a buddy move stands. Try calling some hunt clubs or farmers.

I know georgia offers some quota hunts on the coastal islands that actually have pretty high success rates, you have to take a ferry to the islands and it's all primitive but IMO it is definitely worth trying

I know georgia offers some quota hunts on the coastal islands that actually have pretty high success rates, you have to take a ferry to the islands and it's all primitive but IMO it is definitely worth trying
I didn't even think of this but OP you should seriously consider this option. If you are in SC these hunts are pretty close to you, and they host several a year for both deer and hogs.

I’ve hunted near Blackstock, SC for hogs and deer, but it was about 20 years ago. The hog hunting with hounds was a lot of fun. The deer hunting wasn’t very good, the season was too long with very liberal bag limits. If you want to do hogs and deer with an actual chance of seeing decent deer, I would recommend somewhere like Texas.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back