Caribou Gear Tarp

Savage Model 99

Simeod

Asking for some input on scope mounts for a Savage 99 .308. My father is passing his down to my son, and I am trying to figure out what bases / base to use. It is iron sites only at the moment.

Hoping someone with experience with the Model 99 can point me towards some good options.

If it's drilled and tapped, what 444 said. If it isn't, take a look at the lightfoot mount.

Last edited:
Yes it is drilled and tapped. From the serial number it appears to be a 1956 manufacturer.

Thank you. I'll look into the Weaver and Leopold. My internet search came back with so many variations it was surprising.

If it's drilled and tapped, what 444 said. If it isn't, take a look at the lightfoot mount.
The .308 chambering gave me confidence that it was a "new" enough gun that it was most likely D&T'd. I have a 99 EG in .308 and am absolutely astounded at it's performance. That platform is truly a work of art.

The rifle will be an excellent fit for my son. For Christmas I want him to pick out a new stock and I'll help him put it on and dress it back up. It won't be ready for his youth elk hunt next week, but he already has a T/C Compass in 30-06 for that.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy
Back