Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Savage barrels and stocks

Jbotto

I completed rebarrelling two Savage rifles a year or so ago and I'm tired of tripping over parts in the reloading room. I have for sale (2) Savage .30-06 barrels. These are both 22” and of the small shank variety.

The first one came off an older flatback 110. It was drilled and tapped for iron sights presumably from the factory. Both sights are missing. No idea how many rounds were shot through it but it looks to be in good bore condition. Blued finish with a bit of wear on it. I’m asking $50 shipped. SOLD

The second barrel is like new, it came off a Stevens 200 that looked like it was won at a banquet and never shot. Only had some dust and a spider living in it when I pulled it off the “used” rack. Regrettably, I never shot this barrel but if it’s anything like my other .30-06 Stevens 200, it shouldn’t disappoint. The finish on these rifles wasn’t as deep as the Savage 110’s but still considered a blued finish. This barrel is in better shape than the first and hasn’t been threaded for iron sights. $70 shipped.

If I was being cheeky, I’d say either of these barrels would be the best upgrade for your Savage .270. ;)

Stocks
The first stock is a wood stock in good shape. It came off of the previously mentioned 110 flatback. This stock is for a long action, staggered feed action. It can be converted with a little work to a centerfeed stock with a centerfeed box magazine, shims and epoxy. Does not come with trigger guard. $50 shipped.

Second stock is the synthetic stock from the Stevens 200 rifle mentioned above. This is the same action as a long action model 110 and is a centerfeed stock. Blue-gray in color. Does not come with trigger guard. $40 shipped

If interested I have a small shank, factory Savage barrel nut and recoil lug I could also part with.

Last edited:
Do you still have the Stevens stock? If so do you know if it would fit a 110 338 win mag with flat back receiver?

Do you still have the Stevens stock? If so do you know if it would fit a 110 338 win mag with flat back receiver?
The bolt holes will fit it, but the magazine will probably be different. This stock is made to fit with the centerfeed magazine. This magazine stays in the stock when you separate the action from the stock. With the limited experience I have with the older flat-back receivers, I believes yours will be a staggered-feed magazine. That magazine is a a bit bigger in dimensions and stays with the action when separated from the stock. It’s crimped to the receiver somehow if I remember correctly. My guess is it could work with a bit of work, but probably easier to find a stock that is made for your action.

The bolt holes will fit it, but the magazine will probably be different. This stock is made to fit with the centerfeed magazine. This magazine stays in the stock when you separate the action from the stock. With the limited experience I have with the older flat-back receivers, I believes yours will be a staggered-feed magazine. That magazine is a a bit bigger in dimensions and stays with the action when separated from the stock. It’s crimped to the receiver somehow if I remember correctly. My guess is it could work with a bit of work, but probably easier to find a stock that is made for your action.
Thanks I appreciate it

Back