sausage fest 2023!

We just had a chat about sausage fest over the weekend. It looks like we will be making about 200lbs of ring bologna, summer sausage, and hot sticks in March. That is how much we made last year as well. All of the spices and seasonings are on order. We are currently watching the grocery store fliers for cheap pork to mix with. 10 years ago when we started we could find pork butts for .69/lb, now we are hoping to get them for $1.69/lb.
I called two different places that I normally get trimmings from. They wanted $5 per lb this year holy shit! Went and bought pork butts for $1.88lb of course my Dad Called the next day and told me someone had them for $1 lb oh well. What is this ring bologna?

I called two different places that I normally get trimmings from. They wanted $5 per lb this year holy shit! Went and bought pork butts for $1.88lb of course my Dad Called the next day and told me someone had them for $1 lb oh well. What is this ring bologna?
Oh, it's Gooooood! I used the Cabelas seasoning mix.

I used to do this every year with a buddy. 25 pound of snack sticks. 20-25 meatloafs. 50 pounds breakfast sausage. The rest burger at 85/15 elk or venison to bacon. Then he got a girlfriend and now sucks.

Oh, it's Gooooood! I used the Cabelas seasoning mix.
Looking for something different we already got brats. A guy had some hot dogs made once at a processor and gave me some. I was skeptical but they were some of the best I've ever had!

500lbs?!?! How many people helping? Thanks for the reminder than I need to make some brats and snack sticks
4 of us for most of it. Had another guy come for about half the time which helped out. we have slowly upgraded equipment which helps out alot.

Back