Saskatchewan Waterfowl Guide Requirements for Non-Residents

Matt R

I heard Lee Kjos mention on BHA's podcast recently that the Saskatchewan government was again considering requiring at least non-resident aliens (e.g. US Citizens) to have a guide to hunt waterfowl in the province which would eliminate the freelance waterfowling that I believe many of us on here love. Does anyone have any update on this and if it has any more traction than it has had in the past as I remember contacting the provincial government many years ago and expressing my desire for freelancing to remain an option for out-of-country residents and it has continued to remain an option; my son and daughter are 6 & 9 respectively and I have been looking forward to the day that I can share with them the seemingly unlimited waterfowling opportunities that the province has to offer and incomparable hospitality of the Saskatchewan people that I've enjoyed several times for myself. I can only hope that this amazing DIY opportunity remains for generations to come....

Agreed, I hope it doesn't pass. I can see some things requiring a guide, but geese, give me a break. I've been to sask several times diy and planning another, if this was to pass no more Saskatchewan I guess. Thanks for bringing this up, I hadn't heard of it.

Back