Caribou Gear

Salt.....

Tom.......if you had to know something about hunting to post, A lot of us would be in deep schit! :D

Good luck on that tag, and hopefully some of the AZ guys can help you out with that info your requesting......
DS

If you look along the East side of Cherry Creek, keep your eyes open for a big ole blond bear. A friend has been hunting that critter for 4 years now. Hasn't been able to get close enough for a shot. Should be lots of elk in that area later in the year. Don'tknow about now though. It's still pretty warm in the south end. Guess the same thing that would hold true anywhere in the state right now. Find water and you'll find Elk.

:cool:

I've always thought that bulls and bucks frequent salt or mineral licks more in June and July when they are going through their big growth spurt. In Idaho it is definitely against the regs to salt for hunting purposes.

Moose really like salt. My buddy has some acreage and he put out a block on the property just for kicks. A cow moose ran our asses out of the lick area. She stood guard over it and wouldn't let the whitetail in the area.

ok.....enough beating around the bush....exactly how much salt do you guys pack in annually :eek: :D
DS

Don't worry DS, I'll bring a big ol bag of Fritos. Here's the trick, when you see me walking around with the open bag of corn chips, just yell "look out for the bear" I'll get ratteled, drop the chips and run. The next morning, say about dawn, we will go back to "pick up the litter".....have your gun ready. ( just kidding ) :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back