Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rock Chucks Anyone???

wilecoyote76

My brother and I got out this last weekend and were surprised to see a few rock chucks running around. We didn't go prepared to actually shoot anything but we did get a few with a .22 mag which was in the jeep. I shot one big ol' bastage that I'm sure will feed the rest of the gang for a few days. Sorry, no pics of that one!!

Here's a little one my brother shot from about 100 yards sunbathing:
IMG_0420.jpg

Different angle:
IMG_0421.jpg

I peeled one off a rock with a good head shot and sent my ambitious brother up to look for the dang thing. All he found was a lot of blood so it must have fallen through the cracks somwhere. I still counted it as a kill:
IMG_0424.jpg

Most of the time he lives with his head up his @$$. I was fortunate enough to get him away from his girly friend for a few hours to go chuck huntin'.

Looks like that chuck is on the sneak and about to pounce. :D Fun pics.

Those pictures bring back memories. I try to explain what rock chucks are to people and they say I'm crazy. I grew up in Jerome Id. and I used to shoot them from my back patio of my parents house in the spring and summer months. Had a friend that lived next to the Snake River canyon and we used to go sneak up to the edge and look over and shoot them off the ledges below. Great fun. I miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back