PEAX Equipment

Roadkill Summer Sausage

D-Mac

Grabs a little mulie doe a that co-workers car became intimately familiar with last week. We were able to salvage about half the meat. Colorado offers roadkill salvage tags thankfully. Used some of the meat to make summer sausage. The LEM seasoning kit and we added in some high temperature pepper jack cheese. Turned out quite tasty! There is just something about sausage hanging in the smoker that is good for the soul. DCFACC9A-0C91-48D6-9CC9-A0061CE661F8.jpeg7876B850-D9D7-4E5E-8D08-14B6ACAB36F9.jpeg

There is just something about sausage hanging in the smoker that is good for the soul
Agreed! Looks good, been smoking sausage almost everyday for the last 3 weeks. Just put the last of the geese on about 20 minutes ago. One more deer to go and then I'm all done for the year. Did you use the original summer sausage flavor or?

Looks great! I need to try and make some Summer Sausage in my smoker. Maybe next fall after I get a deer or elk. I make my own sausages but have never made pepper sticks or summer sausage. I'll have to fire up my smoker and try!

Agreed! Looks good, been smoking sausage almost everyday for the last 3 weeks. Just put the last of the geese on about 20 minutes ago. One more deer to go and then I'm all done for the year. Did you use the original summer sausage flavor or?
I used the original and I’m pleased with the result. That being said I am going to add some whole mustard seed, cracked pepper, and garlic powder next time I make it.

Pics of the goose sausage or it didn't happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back