Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

RIP Dusty Hill ZZ Bassist

IMG-7371.JPG

Last night's concert in Bonner (Missoula) was good but disappointedly short. Gibbon's voice and guitar were great. For Tush they put a hat on Dusty's traditional stage-right microphone and used a recording of him signing, which worked pretty well. I was really bummed Elwood stayed in the back like he didn't want to be noticed. I was hoping the two would clown around on stage like Billy and Dusty used to. But his bass did rattle my teeth so that was good.

The crowd was subdued and mostly stayed seated, but what would you expect from a bunch of 50-60 year old men and their wives? The men did, however, get pretty excited singing Pearl Necklace. Some of that bottled energy probably came from the rail-thin female a couple rows down and to my right. She was wearing skin-tight clothes, spike-heel boots, and a boa necklace. She was gyrating like a stripper looking for money. I came to see a concert so I lost interest quickly, but had I known she was going to pull down her shirt and (twice) flash her disproportionately large boobs in my direction I would have put Billy on hold for a verse, maybe two. (My wife was nudging me to look and I was like, "Stop bothering me I'm trying to watch a concert." Then, "Next time video it and show me later.") It was amusing to see a male employee trying to keep stripper girl at a PG-13 rating while she was hanging all over him and probably singing Pearl Necklace into his ear.

It was a good show but Elwood was no Dusty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back