Rip cord drop away rest

Blue Elk

Hello to all. I am very new to this site. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I want to tell you guys how much I have enjoyed all of your posts and hunting stories. I wanted to know what you thought of the rip cord drop away rest. Has anyone on here have any experience with it? I look forward to reading your inputs. Thank you.
~Scott~ :)

I've actually never used one. Looking foward to the comments on it though from others.

Just wanted to Say Welcome aboard :D

I would second that Welcome aboard and hope to see you posting a lot...

I haven't been keeping up with all the newest gadgets for the last couple years, so this one is new to me....

The shop I deal with really likes the ripcord, he thinks it has better clearance then the trophy taker, the only thing I really don't like about it is the plastic launcher, other then that he sells alot of them, I like my trophy taker shakey hunter rest.

Welcome blue elk, glad top hear u enjoy our posts, just keep posting, maybe join chat, anyway hope uenjoy :)

Hey blue,
I'm faily new here also,so welcom abord.

I shot the rip-cord on several bows I had set up for me when I bought my Mathews.For me this bow is mainly for elk.I do alot of crawling and sneaking in trees and the rip-cord offered one more thing that could go wrong at the wrong time,with that string attached to the cables.So I opted for a wisker Bisquet DLX and never looked back,I can stand to lose a few FPS with peace of mind.
Good luck.
BBJ

Rip cord is a good rest. Total capture is always nice but the plastic launcher, as stated, couold be an issue. it odes have a "locked up" setting that has to be tuned just right or it won't drop though. I could see this getting ugly on a siongle cam with a moderate string stretch....never heard of it happening (yet) though.

I have been shooting one for a while possibly replacing my wisker biscuit so far i have liked it and not had any problems. will let you know otherwise.

i use one and i love it , i never had better acuracy then with this rest.another good thing is the arrow cant fall off this rest at all. just put some moleskin on the prons and on the shelf and its wisper quiet.

I have used the muzzy for 3 years now, love it. No problems what so ever

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back