Right to hunt and fish!

Tom

The Georgia house passed the bill, the senate subcommittee made this substitute, its almost passed now. They reported it favorably. Pretty neat, eh. Anybody in Georgia should tell their leg. to support it.

04 LC 25 3434S

House Resolution 985 (COMMITTEE SUBSTITUTE)
By: Representatives Morris of the 120th, Lane of the 101st, Coleman of the 118th, Skipper of the 116th, and Porter of the 119th

A RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution so as to provide that the tradition of fishing and hunting and the taking of fish and wildlife shall be preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good; to provide for submission of this amendment for ratification or rejection; and for other purposes.

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA:

SECTION 1.

Article I, Section I of the Constitution is amended by renumbering Paragraph XXVIII as Paragraph XXIX and inserting a new Paragraph XXVIII to read as follows:
"Paragraph XXVIII. Fishing and hunting. The tradition of fishing and hunting and the taking of fish and wildlife shall be preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good."

SECTION 2.

The above proposed amendment to the Constitution shall be published and submitted as provided in Article X, Section I, Paragraph II of the Constitution. The ballot submitting the above proposed amendment shall have written or printed thereon the following:

"( ) YES

( ) NO

Shall the Constitution be amended so as to provide that the tradition of fishing and hunting and the taking of fish and wildlife shall be preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good?"

All persons desiring to vote in favor of ratifying the proposed amendment shall vote "Yes." All persons desiring to vote against ratifying the proposed amendment shall vote "No." If such amendment shall be ratified as provided in said Paragraph of the Constitution, it shall become a part of the Constitution of this state.

shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good
That part right there is in every one of these proposed amendments, and it's necessary to allow for proper management. Unfortunately, it also leaves a loophole for the ARA movement to get their BS laws passed, as well. That's why you're not seeing a lot of protests over these amendments; the ARA's dont see them as a threat, and, in point of fact, the amendment might even lull sportsmen into thinking they're safe. Then they'll stop paying attention and the ARA's will sneak a few by them.

I'm not saying it's not a good amendment; its intentions are great and it's wonderful that the state would do such a thing. I'm just saying that you shouldn't see this and think that all your anti troubles are over.

D-Gib,

You are right. These are just for show, and are a complete waste of time and effort. If I was in Georgia, I would call my legislator and tell them to quit wasting my money, and start sending it to Education.

"the taking of fish and wildlife shall be preserved for the people"

That phrase right there is worth the effort. It says "shall", it doesn't say "may", it says "shall".

That's pretty strong wording, not a waste, in my mind. Its not catch and release, its not paintball hunting, its taking of fish and wildlife for the people.

....I would call my legislator and tell them to quit wasting my money, and start sending it to Education.
Does anybody else see a recurring theme? Is the GUNNER trying to express some levels of inadequacy?

Originally posted by Ten Bears:
Does anybody else see a recurring theme? Is the GUNNER trying to express some levels of inadequacy?
Ten,
After reading your posts, I have learned that I take my education for granted, and realize that there are many others who got stuck in the 3rd grade. Not everybody was as fortunate as me, so I try and give back to those less fortunate. :(

Back