Ribeye (aged for 63 days) dinner

my wife and I budget for expensive birthday meals for each other each year. for mine we always look for some new (new to us) local restaurant that offers dry aged steaks on the menu.

on my last pre pandemic birthday we shared a 65 day dry aged 35 oz t bone steak coked rare.

it was undoubtedly the best steak i've ever eaten to date, yeah it had some nuttiness to it, even a very subtle slightly blue cheesiness to it, it was unreal. runner up was the 45 day dry aged t bone we shared on my previous birthday at a restaurant in denver.

i forgot, during the pandemic we managed to go to buckhorn exchange in denver for my birthday and i had like a 20 something day dry aged buffalo ribeye. super super good. but not as good as the previous two t bones

basically, not dry aged steak kinda sucks after you've had quality dry aged, fatty steak

my wife and I budget for expensive birthday meals for each other each year. for mine we always look for some new (new to us) local restaurant that offers dry aged steaks on the menu.

on my last pre pandemic birthday we shared a 65 day dry aged 35 oz t bone steak coked rare.

it was undoubtedly the best steak i've ever eaten to date, yeah it had some nuttiness to it, even a very subtle slightly blue cheesiness to it, it was unreal. runner up was the 45 day dry aged t bone we shared on my previous birthday at a restaurant in denver.

i forgot, during the pandemic we managed to go to buckhorn exchange in denver for my birthday and i had like a 20 something day dry aged buffalo ribeye. super super good. but not as good as the previous two t bones

basically, not dry aged steak kinda sucks after you've had quality dry aged, fatty steak
Well said, Sir!

The closest place to me I can find with a dry aged cut on the menu is surpise surprise The Local in Jackson Hole. Dry aged18oz Buffalo ribeye $75. Next time I go there it will be on the menu.

Back