Restrung an old friend. Coming back to the light side.

44hunter45

MRS and I have become addicted to watching "Alone" and I met Clay Hayes at BHA Rendezvous this year. This has inspired me to get back in to Trad.

My 1950's Pre-AMF Wing Archery 58" "Red Wing Hunter" got a new string this week. It has not been strung in 20 years. It pulls 38# @28". I pull around 29".
I need to get some new arrows for it. I've been shopping at 3rivers, but damn if cedar arrows didn't get crazy expensive.

I had 3 cedar arrows left in the bow case. two field points and one broadhead. I'm treating them like gold. I also need to replace the hair on the arrow shelf.

I went out and shot foam with it a little this week. I've put a rough nock point on it, but still need to dial that in. I forgot how LOUD it was. I will need to put some string dampeners on it.
I don't think it is enough for elk, but I'm definitely going to take in the whitetail woods this year.

I also have a 70# homemade recurve that I'm not ready to string yet.

Last edited:
MRS and I have become addicted to watching "Alone" and I met Clay Hayes at BHA Rendezvous this year. This has inspired me to get back in to Trad.

My 1950's Pre-AMF Wing Archery 58" "Red Wing Hunter" got a new string this week. It has not been strung in 20 years. It pulls 38# @28". I pull around 29".
I need to get some new arrows for it. I've been shopping at 3rivers, but damn if cedar arrows didn't get crazy expensive.

I had 3 cedar arrow left in the bow case. two field points and one broadhead. I'm treating them like gold. I also need to replace the hair on the arrow shelf.

I went out and shot foam with it a little this week. I've put a rough nock point on it, but still need to dial that in. I forgot how LOUD it was. I will need to put some string dampeners on it.
I don't think it is enough for elk, but I'm definitely going to take in the whitetail woods this year.

I also have a 70# homemade recurve that I'm not ready to string yet.
I recommend the the same stuff brock Lesner takes before you start shooting that homemade rig you have lol Good lord

I recommend the the same stuff brock Lesner takes before you start shooting that homemade rig you have lol Good lord
Yeah. I'm not the man I used to be. There, I said it.

I really think the homemade is a wall hanger. I don't like the geometry on it.

Back