Resident Idaho Sawtooth tags

Awesome, congratulations. I had good luck with everything on Monday morning. They must have got all the bugs worked out after the test run on Non Residents.

my wife and I got ours but it was touch and go...for me. I logged on first, she logged on a couple minutes later. She was put in line at #10, i was in the 1533 slot. I thought there was no way in heck i would get a tag however somehow, I got super lucky and picked one up. I'm not a fan of this new system. the previous way worked just fine if you had your crap together.

I was first in line and the system froze for about 5-6 minutes. Stressing like $(&@ the tags would all be sold out when it came back online. Ended up getting my A tag. Nothing easy about the Sawtooth hunt including getting the tag. I’d be shocked if they don’t make it some form of controlled hunt next year.

I was first in line and the system froze for about 5-6 minutes. Stressing like $(&@ the tags would all be sold out when it came back online. Ended up getting my A tag. Nothing easy about the Sawtooth hunt including getting the tag. I’d be shocked if they don’t make it some form of controlled hunt next year.
That’s how it should be IMO.

Have had that B tag numerous times. Fun hunt, as I have learned some decent nooks over the years. I’ve lost count at the # of NR’s that have PM’d me before and after their hunt. Most end up considerably underwhelmed. A case of you want what you can’t have.
It's definitely not a premier tag. The number of elk is not significant and the genetics and or age class aren't nearly as good as other parts of the state. the thought of fewer hunters in the field might be the most appealing part however I used to never run into people archery hunting in the sawtooths. The first year they restricted tags is when I started running into people and it's only gotten worse and worse over the years. The scenery is incredible but sceneries don't fill freezers if that is what you are after. and you don't need a tag for scenery.

I have a friend that's gotten it a couple of times as a NR (3x if I remember correctly). He must have found THE honey hole, because the smallest bull he shot was well over 300" and the biggest was 360-somthing.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back