Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Repairing roto-molded cooler

Interesting that I have a Pelican cooler that is now leaking, I can’t find any internal cracks. The water is coming out of the two exterior pads that the cooler sits on. The bottom interior is now starting to separate which you can feel if you push down on it. Filed a warrant request with pelican and I’m now waiting to see if the accept my claim. Might be something to keep in mind guys. I hope they stand behind their warranty.
I’ll be interested to see what they say for you. Yours sounds more like manufacturing than mine.

Shameless plug for the best cooler brand. View attachment 245748
I took a look at the canyon coolers last night and they look great! Not a lot of wasted space like some of the other rotomoulded. Lifetime warranty is sweet. The canyon 125 was barely bigger than my pelican 70. If I end up needing to replace the pelican that’s the direction I’ll go.

I took a look at the canyon coolers last night and they look great! Not a lot of wasted space like some of the other rotomoulded. Lifetime warranty is sweet. The canyon 125 was barely bigger than my pelican 70. If I end up needing to replace the pelican that’s the direction I’ll go.
The really nice thing is the 55 will nest inside the 125.8658CE8B-5D2E-4ACD-BEFE-061518291349.jpeg

Well went through the warranty return process, which included photos showing the exterior and interior of the ice chest. Once they accepted my claim, an authorization code was sent to me.
Now here is the interesting part, I was instructed to write the authorization code on the exterior of the ice chest with a permanent marker, then drill three holes next to the code. Once they received photos, I was advised that a new ice chest would be sent. A day later I received an email advising that a New Ice Chest would be sent to me. Expected delivery Feb 2023.

So Pelican stands behind their products, I am impressed. Good luck this hunting season, stay safe and enjoy The Moment..

I hit my 123 Engel with a heat gun in a couple places to make it fit just right in my raft frame. You might consider heating and bending the plastic, rather than just cutting that broken piece out.

As I read everyone’s responses and looked at my cooler I realized that I have worked with plastic for years and had the quick and strong solution at my finger tips. I hit the beak with the heat gun for a second to pop it up. I then melted in a product called p-Tex used to repair the bases on skis and snowboards. From initial assessment it worked great and good solid solution.

4FF5252B-EEDA-4120-86E6-08456E87538F.jpeg

As I read everyone’s responses and looked at my cooler I realized that I have worked with plastic for years and had the quick and strong solution at my finger tips. I hit the beak with the heat gun for a second to pop it up. I then melted in a product called p-Tex used to repair the bases on skis and snowboards. From initial assessment it worked great and good solid solution.

View attachment 247548
That's a true Coloradan right there... P-tex fixes everything ha

it's ready to be loaded up again next week!

View attachment 247548
I was just about to type this. Great minds think alike. P-Tex is perfect.

Did you give it a good wire brushing before you applied? I know from working in a ski shop when you got a real gnarled up base wire brushing created enough texture that when heated the texture created with the brush melted together better with the P-Tex.

I was just about to type this. Great minds think alike. P-Tex is perfect.

Did you give it a good wire brushing before you applied? I know from working in a ski shop when you got a real gnarled up base wire brushing created enough texture that when heated the texture created with the brush melted together better with the P-Tex.
Yeah went full tech on it and then Added a few extra coats. No need for a smooth finish. Strength was more important

Well back in November I contacted pelican customer service regarding a 150 quart ice chest that was leaking. Today I received a brand new ice chest, go Pelican you won’t regret it

Attachments

• 9F6F0323-2940-46EE-B2F2-8F1CD1A27A94.jpeg
    9F6F0323-2940-46EE-B2F2-8F1CD1A27A94.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back