Remington 870 fell apart

Bob-WY

...literally, fell apart in my hands.

Pheasant hunting yesterday, 2 birds went up, friend got one, I winged the other with a second shot. Saw it go down in tall weeds. Sent the dog in, bird came up and I shot it, worked the pump quickly and the gun literally came apart in my hands. Left hand had the forearm pump and barrel, right hand had the stock, the internals all fell into the snow.

Best we could figure the screw on cap that holds it all together must have come loose or fallen off at the shot. We never did find that

Was very strange feeling to have it come apart

My 870 with a slug barrel has been in use flawlessly for nearly 30 years without a hint of maintenance other than oiling and cleaning after the season. This is going to make me break everything down and tighten the nuts and bolts.

Just to follow up. I called remington ND they gave me a number for the repair center. New part on the way!

Rest assured I will be checking tightness everytime I load it up

My 870 with a slug barrel has been in use flawlessly for nearly 30 years without a hint of maintenance other than oiling and cleaning after the season. This is going to make me break everything down and tighten the nuts and bolts.
That's when they jam lol. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back