Caribou Gear

Rem. Model 700 issue

New guy here....

Hey guys,

New member posting for the first time and very interested to find this thread. I have hunted for more than twenty years with my 700 in 30-06 with absolutely no problems. When I finally got my 65 year old step-dad interested in hunting whitetails with me, we went to the same pawn shop where I had purchased mine and found him a 700 in .243 cal. The first year we hunted together (about 1989 I believe) he had a mis-fire as he was running to bolt to unload after we got back to the truck. He swore he never touched to trigger and, although I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I always secretly thought he must have really had his finger on the trigger when that happened, putting just enough pressure on it to cause it to discharge after he ran the bolt back to pick up the next shell to be removed. He passed away two years ago last July and he left that rifle to me. I am to leave tomorrow afternoon to hunt our 2010 whitetail gun season with his rifle. After reading this thread completely, I believe I will take the time to dis-assemble it and clean everything more thoroughly than perhaps I might have prior to reading this. Thanks for some good information. Just found this site a few days ago thanks to the article in the RMEF's Nov./Dec. issue of Bugle Magazine. Been hunting my entire adult life (mostly whitetails here in Oklahoma) and never able to do anything but "On my Own Adventures" so I am ecsttatic to find "My People" here. I look forward to many hours of reading and jaw-jackin' to come....:D

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back