Region G & H

chukarhunter-id

Headed over there this weekend for 4 days of scouting. What have others been seeing? Good, bad or average? Just curious.

Deer numbers? G and F plots those on a graph for both the Sublette herd and Wyoming Range herd
Antler size? Average
Forage growth? A little above average
Water in the creek? A little above average
Fish in the water in the creek? Average
Rock Springer's squatting on camp spots already? Those sob's
Wildfire? Nothing to speak of yet, good clear glassing conditions but it's probably just a matter of time w/ plenty of lightning in the forecast

Should be a nice weekend in the hills for you, let us know how it goes.

:D It's in jest...you can have all the camp spots as long as Cowboy Doughnuts stays in business.
I'll leave a dozen on the hood of my truck for you as long as you promise not to slash my tires.

To answer the OP's question, I am seeing lots of fly's until you get to just below treeline. Then it is a flyless bounty of deer. I wouldn't say its good or bad. Enough bucks to keep a person inspired. I am having the same difficulty finding a true giant that I usually do but that says more about me than the deer.

No giants but little better than average growth. Water has been good at last check, burns r green. Whoever from iowa that was in my area 2 weeks ago with stock, stay out no deer there!...lol Overall numbers seem way down still since 2016? winter. Usually by now see some monsters but so far just lots of "average" deer for there. Going back in friday for 2 nights in different area, hopefully little better results.

Back