Caribou Gear

Reggy White dead at 43

schmalts

Damn that sucks. He was a Wisconsin Legend from his time spent with the Packers. I was a little taken by surprise when i herd it on the TV today. Not sure how it happened but I did hear 2 different things, one was a heart attack, and the other was a sleep disorder that caused him to stop breathing. :(

Iknow I have sung this song before about having yourself checked about sleep apnea, but dang 43! Just thing what you could have done with an extra 40 years.

Just took a s/a test myself. Glad I did. They said my oxygen level dropped really low at night...wife tells me I just quit breathing...Now I got my own alien night mask..
But boy I feel better!!!
If you think you may have it, you should check it out. They told me up to 40% of the people have apnea...kind of scary!!

I have had my machine for 6 weeks. When I use my machine I don't snore. Before my machine I would be rocked out of my sleep and wide awake. I am thinking it was because I had stopped breathing and it woke me up. Now that doesn't happen. I have also noticed that my heart rate isn't as rapid as it had been before my machine. I am thinking this is because I am getting more oxgen and my heart doesn't have to work as hard. I can't really say I feel like I have more energy. I was hoping I would become more mentally alert, but I don't see that either. I do have to say, I don't feel like I am on the edge of depression all the times, so I am thinking a deeper more restful sleep is helping with the saratonine levels, which helps to fight off depression. Good Luck, JLG.

I've only had mine about 3 or 4 weeks also. I have quit snoring and waking up continuously. I used to wake at 4:00 am every day and now I sleep until the alarm goes off. I haven't had to use an alarm for years.. I used to wake up and my heart would be racing and I'd be trying to catch my breath. My depression seems to be a lot less, but I actually get tired quicker in the evenings. I do have a little more energy and hope as I get used to it that the energy picks up. It is nice getting a full night's sleep though.
If anyone has any symptons, you should go and get tested..painless even!!!

40%? Almost half of us stop breathing when we sleep? That seems steep. Wonder why that is?

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.

I think Hunttalk.com Helps Depression too.... But that isn't a Clinical Study.

I never heard of people jsut stopping breathing ?!?! HUMMmm now I'm worried.

I didn't know the Guy or of him. I don't know much about sports. But sorry to hear anyone go, Especially so young..... :(

Don't watch much football huh Oscar :p

Reggie White was born in Chattanooga Tn...played college ball at UT for the Vols...1st round draft pick in 1984 by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Also became a ministor/pastor.

In a world full of overpaid big mouth sports stars, Reggie White was a real nice down to earth guy. An awesome defensive end for sure .. but an even better Man than the majority in his profession.

Man, that is great about your machines, it does take more time than they say at the clinics for you to come up to speed with these machines. I have been able to move back into my master bedroom because I no longer snore and I look so sexy in my briefs with a clear rubber mask strapped to my face!!! I do need a longer air hose!! ;)

My wife was put on a machine a couple of years ago for health problems, and so now we look pretty cute with both of us wearing "masks" all night.
But if that's what it takes to "carry on", guess we'll just "DO IT".

And DRAFTSTUD.. I'm glad you look sexy in yours, but we're far from that???? LOL

And moosie, Reggie was a stud, and a great all around person. Was a minister of some kind for a while... They said he had been over in the Middle East studying Hebrew, so that when he read the bible, he could get the true meaning of it??

And Mo, the 40% of people had some kind of sleep apnea, they all didn't just quit breathing??? But yes, that does seem high, but I remember going to a school overnighter a few years ago, and all the fathers slept in a big room. Must have been about 100 guys in there, and it sounded like a den full of bears during the night. If snoring has anything to do with sleep apnea, then it was 100% there!! LOL No sleep that night!!!! I even tried throwing wadded up papers at a couple of the worst ones hoping they would roll over and SHUT UP!!!!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back