Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Referral for reputable breeder of "British/English" Labs

VikingsGuy

We were supposed be getting a new yellow female british lab in a few weeks, but things seem to have fallen through with our chosen breeder. Any recommendations for reputable breeders of British/English labs in the Minnesota, Iowa, Western WI, Eastern Dakotas? This is a combination family dog and upland hunting dog. Preferably we would like one with a natural point, but I know that isn't a guarantee with a lab, but some lines do seem to have a tendency.

Or in the alternative, anybody to stay away from?

Don't waste the electrons involved in posting suggestion of the countless other breeds of hunting dogs out there. All dogs are great, but we have committed to this particular type for this dog and there is zero chance of a change this year (although some day a Puddlepointer will be in the mix).

Last edited:
Good luck in the search! We found a great breeder in Saskatchewan and our little girl will be 2 in another 2 weeks. She's a nice small female out of british lines and weighs in at 47lbs or so. Super fast and full of energy for retrieving, but also relaxed and a ton of fun in the house. Cant be happier!!

Barton Ramsey sure puts out some nice dogs in the USA, not sure his locations though.

I would consider Iowa Pointing Labs. They have good bloodlines. My ol' man got his yellow there and he has nothing but good things to say. No hunting report because the pup is 8 months old.

I know it is way outside your geography, but I got my last dog from Wildrose in Oxford MS. I know they have satellite locations but don’t know how that works for puppies. They have outstanding dogs from British lines and were a pleasure to deal with. My next dog will come from there, even with the added logistics of getting the puppy home.

Others I hear really good things about are Duckhill Kennels and Southern Oak Kennels, both also in the South.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back