Red dot

338win

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
558
Currently using an aperture setup on my muzzleloader that works quite well. Some states allow 1x optics which I tried a 1x vortex scope and hated. I want to add a red dot style that I can see through with the irons or a see through mount.

Which of the red dot style sights work best in low light conditions where you are no longer able to see the traditional irons?
 
I use a vortex venom red dot. I don’t think any of them work well in low light. Any chance you wanna sell that 1x scope?
 
I am impressed with my Vortex Spitfire Prism 1x scope that I put on my CVA Accura MR-X last year. Especially like that it can be either Green dot or Red dot. I have an astigmatism and struggle with a red dot. I get loads of haloing etc. with red. But green is crisp for me. So... I use a "Green Dot".

Recently been playing around with a Primary Arms SLx 1x Prism (Green version) on my Knight Wolverine. It worked well enough to take my ML buck a few days ago, but I didn't even have the reticle lit for that deer. Just used the regular black prism reticle. Lol

As he lay.jpg

I didn't feel terribly accurate with that scope, but knew anything within 120 yards would be in trouble. This guy was around 60-70 yards and never knew what hit him. I caught him feeding while I was still hunting through the aspens. He was close enough I didn't use my binos or my rangefinder to take him. Good thing I was carrying around such expensive optics. Lol
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,135
Messages
2,250,937
Members
39,098
Latest member
MuskegMunitions
Back
Top