Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Recommended reads for the winter?

518VWC6MTPL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_AA219_PIsitb-sticker-dp-arrow,TopRight,-24,-23_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ROTFLMAO.....great one.

"Appaloosa" and "Resolution" by Robert Parker

I concur with NHY on Dick Proenneke's book. It is outstanding. The only drawback is it will make you feel like a pussy compared to him. The man was a stud.

Which Aldo book?

His last and most famous work,A Sand County Almanac, does a very good job of expressing the sum of his philosophies. It's tough to drive by a rural cemetary without thinking about the Silphium anecdote any more.

I'll preface my recommendation with the statement that I am not "self-help-book-reader-guy"... But, I found the (very short) book The Richest Man in Town by VJ Smith a brilliant reminder of life's priorities.

Float hunting Alaska is a good one but my All time favorite is Shadows on the Koyukuk

Just when we thing we are great hunters you read a book like this and it puts you back in your place real quick!!!

"Hell, I was There" by Elmer Keith, cowboys and guns in the early 1900s, history of the Md 70 Winchester

I would also second one of Jose's recommendations;

If you want to read about some classic tiger hunts in India, pick up Man Eaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett. Turn of the century tales of killing tigers that were eating Indians.

A great read, I couldn’t put it down

And if you like "Maneaters" try "The Maneaters of Tsavo" by Jim Patterson.

Back