Recommendations for Tripods & Bino adapters

matechakeric

I am looking for a good tripod (with tripod capabilities) & bino adapter recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Outdoorsmans tripods and heads
Slik tripods
Sirui tripod w/va5 head is the best bang for your buck I think.
+1
Excellent advice above.

The outdoorsman bino adapter is the best I’ve used and won’t use anything else now. There are copycats of it now but most are cheap in comparison.

+1
Excellent advice above.

The outdoorsman bino adapter is the best I’ve used and won’t use anything else now. There are copycats of it now but most are cheap in comparison.
I bought the quick release vortex bino adapter while it's way better than their Gen 1 adapter it's still a piece of shit compared to anything outdoorsman.

Bottom line is money talks in the optics game, if you wanna have the best glass why would you put it on some chincy setup.

Why get off in Minneapolis when your going to Chicago?

The Outdoorsmans Bino adaptor is as slick and functional as it gets. Can be used on non-Outdoorsmans heads (I use mine on a Sirui).
that was my hope. I can't afford (justify) buying an outdoorsman tripod

I'm looking to buy an Outdoorsmans adapter & a Siriu tripod with va-5 head. Do i need to purchase a 1/4-20 Arca-style Adapter Plate add-on with my Outdoorsmans adapter?

Last edited:
I have Benro tripods and heads. They are kinda heavy, but perform really really well. You can get 3 for what one outdoorsman setup costs.

Shoot me a PM if you want any model numbers or anything like that.

Like was said above, the outdoorsman adapter is the best.

I've got the BOG- POD, it works well. My tripod is packed in the truck but I wouldn't recommend it because it's too short to stand to use and that's annoying but I'm cheap and will wait until it breaks, lol.

As others have said, outdoorsman stud and adapter is great. I’ve never considered changing to something else

I'm looking to buy an Outdoorsmans adapter & a Siriu tripod with va-5 head. Do i need to purchase a 1/4-20 Arca-style Adapter Plate add-on with my Outdoorsmans adapter?
Your tripod head should come with a plate that you can use on the bottom of the outdoorsmans adapter. If you use a spotting scope also I would recommend ordering an additional plate and keeping it mounted to the spotting scope. Way easier than switching plates all the time.

@cahunter805 nailed it. The Outdoorsmans adaptor will just screw onto the plate that comes with the VA-5. Get an extra plate for your spotter. The Outdoorsmans website will refer you to the right adaptor stud for your binos.

Yah and just be aware….there are about a thousand proprietary plate designs. Make sure you get the correct one.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back