Caribou Gear Tarp

Recommendation on wild game processor in Southern WY

TNHUNTER

Any recommendations on wild game processor(s) for elk near Green River, Rock Springs or Rawlins - would consider Laramie or Cheyenne as well as have to drive through these towns to get home from the hunt. Appreciate any recommendations.

Snake river processing has been good for us in the past in Baggs. Never had anything processed there personally just deboned and frozen. But a couple others that were with have and said they did a great job, great people too.

Looks like they're trying to sell/retire so not sure if they'll be available this year. I'll call them as we get closer to season to confirm. Any other recommendations?

It has been decades since I used either but have heard positives from friends about Henderson and R&B. Both in Green River.

I’ve used H&H in wheatland and while they did a good job it was expensive!!! $600 plus a hotel room while we waited. Seriously consider doing it yourself. A vacuum packager and dropping grind off at your local butcher at home is way way easier and significantly less expensive.

Lot of local folks don't want to touch as meat is from out of state and CWD concerns. Some restrictions for bringing into the state as well. I'd prefer a finished product just so no issues locally.

Any recommendations on wild game processor(s) for elk near Green River, Rock Springs or Rawlins - would consider Laramie or Cheyenne as well as have to drive through these towns to get home from the hunt. Appreciate any recommendations.
DO NOT take your animal to this place. I took in a mature bull elk and only got 13 small packages of steak and the rest was ground into burger. The backstraps was missing and they charged almost $500. So the backstory.... I took the bull in on the 29th of September. It had the front quarters, the rear half and the bag of tenderloins, backstraps ,neck meat and rib trimmings. I asked when it could be done and we agreed to a pick up of the 8th of October. I askes for the normal cut of steaks, butterflied backstraps, roasts and burger. I was told that this was not possible due to being understaffed and it would be roasts and burger only. I live 4 hours away so I figured that I could come back to visit family and get my camper then. I started to try to call on the Wednesday before with no answer and on Saturday the 8th while driving there I got word that the owner had lost his phone and to call another number. I called and they said that it was not done and could take a few more days. Then it was suggested that I let her cousin bring me the meat as he lives in the same town as I do. She finally said that if I pick it up on Sunday that it would be done. When I picked it up on Sunday they set the trays of meat out on a table and went in and locked the doors ! I had paid in full before so I couldn't even hold back payment and they wouldn't open the doors to explain their self's! Looking back I would take it to Maddox Meat in Medicine Bow. I have used them before with great results. My cousins needed help packing one out so I opted to take it to Trails west to get back out to the field.

Avoid that place in Rawlins. Super sketch. I was lucky enough to avoid it but one of my buddies gambled and lost with them on one of our trips.

Thanks ,took 2 elk to North Park Meats in Walden . Cut vacum sealed frozen ready to go in 2 days. Happy with the process

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back