Really, Wyoming?

This kinda publicity makes me wanna avoid that town like the plague. I always wanted to visit Cody and some of the historical sites near there but incidents like this make me want to avoid the town.

That's taking stupid to places it's never been.

Whoever was taking the pictures, should have attempted a field goal.
Drive over to Daniel’s and pull up a barstool then. Probably won’t be to long and he will show up

I’ll pay for the fuel even looks like you get about 4.5 hours of windshield time to decide how bad of an idea it is for even in Wyoming. I hope they punish him a lot more than they have but it’s really not worth it for most people to get involved with this mess. Imagine having to pay that asshole money from a lawsuit over this

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpeg
    IMG_2328.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 24
Didn't want to view the article for sake of seeing that smug fug posing with the wolf again. However, the article shows some reasonable thought by WY legislature:
I understand both points of the topic they face.
Is it knee jerk legislative action based on a single public incident or an attempt to reduce future incidents?

To me - You can not fix stupid. "Stupid is as stupid does" a wise actor once said. Poachers who are stripped of their license... Sure, that's a win... not though still necessary. HOWEVER, for sake of offsetting the expense and make a public statement, IMO, I believe it would be most prudent to bump up to the $5-10k range - not that those $ figures aren't typically mitigated, though $250 is crap to cover all the expense for a single incident.

“If we don’t do anything else, we at least need to pump up fines for that kind of behavior, or take a look at hunting privileges,” Schuler said. “$250? That doesn’t deter anybody from being dumb. But if you put it up to $5,000, $10,000? That’s a better deterrent.”
Both legislators worry, however, about going too far based on one incident.

“The actions of a single person not behaving well are sometimes not cause for legislation,” Newsome said.

Didn't want to view the article for sake of seeing that smug fug posing with the wolf again. However, the article shows some reasonable thought by WY legislature:
I understand both points of the topic they face.
Is it knee jerk legislative action based on a single public incident or an attempt to reduce future incidents?

To me - You can not fix stupid. "Stupid is as stupid does" a wise actor once said. Poachers who are stripped of their license... Sure, that's a win... not though still necessary. HOWEVER, for sake of offsetting the expense and make a public statement, IMO, I believe it would be most prudent to bump up to the $5-10k range - not that those $ figures aren't typically mitigated, though $250 is crap to cover all the expense for a single incident.
I agree, can't go crazy with statute or regulation.

Even if a large fine was mitigated to something less than max, that's not easily done defending yourself. Usually takes an attorney that doesn't volunteer their time.

So, I also agree the way forward is to increase the fine and mandatory loss of hunting privileges

I agree, can't go crazy with statute or regulation.

Even if a large fine was mitigated to something less than max, that's not easily done defending yourself. Usually takes an attorney that doesn't volunteer their time.

So, I also agree the way forward is to increase the fine and mandatory loss of hunting privileges
Plus 200 hours community service at Humane Society veterinary.

I'm sure he should of got a dewy that night also. Total Florida man drunk driving with a live wolf in the truck. Except in Florida when it happened the dude had an alligator in the car at a drive thru ordering food.

That's the trouble with people not calling out bullchit behavior.

Think I said something similar earlier in the thread. Nobody wants to rock the boat when what it needs is to be capsized.
Happens on hunting forums all the time. There’s a broad spectrum of people reading, but often the calculus is that it’s not worth being that guy.

When is it worth it to get your ass kicked by an entire half drunk family in a small town bar? This circumstance is one where it would be worth it. I really can't believe nobody spoke up and ended the situation, it went on for hours it said for cripes sake. The resident who is speaking up said were not all Cody roberts in this town, well as an outsider looking in it would be hard to think much more of the town as a whole the more we learn of this story. Unbelievable!
I nominate @BuzzH to go whoop his ass!!! Someone please record it. Just get him to hit you first buzz

Yes this is a mess. I hope that we can address this issue in reasonable and measured way. I hate the idea of knee jerk reactions and giving an inch to the likes of WY Untrapped etc. The guy is a moron, but is this really something that needs new regulations? I shy away from any cruelty laws towards wildlife we can hunt because the anti hunting community will apply those laws to all sorts of situations.

Surely there is room to create a future where this guy can get the penalties he deserves without negatively impacting other areas of wildlife management etc.

The quote from Newsome is the tell.

Everyone got to holler about it, and nothing will be done.

Has anybody burned his house down yet?

I told about this to my better half, but recommended she not look up any pics or details. She’d have stabbed him with a fork and I think he’d have been hosed most places.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back