Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rare Footage of a Grizzly Bear Attacking a Cow

Very uplifting

i wasnt trying to be negative, grew up in alaska and on my last hunt with my dad, we encountered a big grizz on that hunt and were able to avoid it, great hunt , we took 2 caribou and a moose , but i had never seen a bear kill like that with a chase, and how the people in the car were trying to run him off and he was undeterred, got my full attention

watching that video brought home the stark reality, that when out in the woods and a bear wanted to eat one of us were FREAKING SCREWED !!!!

And also very true.

Spend too many nights alone in griz country to not think about this.

The experts tell me to play dead. Not sure that would be a viable option with one of these bad boys pouncing on you. Hopefully I'm scared stiff and the bear thinks I'm dead but pretty sure it would be hard to just lay there.

Nothing like solo hunting 3:00am and something bumps into your tent.

I'm chicken little at times.

I know you are supposed to play dead, but I know me and I know there is no way I'm just going to sit there and let a bear bight on me. I think I'd try to go for it's eyes or shove my arm down its throat. Either way, I can guaran-damn-tee that there is no way I could play dead with a bear bighting on me. My philosophy is if your going to go down, you might as well go down swinging.

Maybe its the wrong way to look at it.....

And also very true.

Spend too many nights alone in griz country to not think about this.

The experts tell me to play dead. Not sure that would be a viable option with one of these bad boys pouncing on you. Hopefully I'm scared stiff and the bear thinks I'm dead but pretty sure it would be hard to just lay there.

Nothing like solo hunting 3:00am and something bumps into your tent.

I'm chicken little at times.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back