Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

rangefinder

Missoulaz28

I am thinking about upgrading my rangefinder for this season. I am looking at the Vortex Ranger 1000, Leopold rx1200i TBR, and the SIG Kilo 1250 or 2000 with it being on sale at SWFA. I went and looked at them at Cabelas and honestly dont see anything between them that will make much of a difference on my use with them. Does anyone have any experience with the sigs in comparison to the other two?

I can pick up the vortex for $270, kilo1250 for $300, rx1200i is $345, kilo 2000 is at swfa for $350.

I am leaning toward the Vortex since it is cheaper, and has a lifetime warranty. Any reason not to go with it?

I have the Leupold rx1200i TBR and really like it. I originally had a Nikon rangefinder but when it stopped providing ranges I tried to send it in for repair. The cost of the repair was so expensive that it made more sense to buy new. I've had two buddies who went with the vortex and both of them ended up selling it or finding a way to trade it off for something different. They had issues with it ranging for them when used side by side with other brands.

The Sig has a much better response speed than the Vortex. I have the Sig and have used several others...no way you could get me to switch now.

I have a RX1200i TBR/W in stock, $335 shipped to the first person that send the money.

My sig kilo 2000 is impressive to say the least. Far faster response than anything that I have used. On sale right now on close-out at SWFA.

I'll give you another vote for the Sig Kilo 2000. I've used it along side several others, even a much more expensive Zeiss, the Sig simply kicks butt. Optical clarity was better in the Zeiss, but that's not a rangefinder's primary purpose. Sig gets accurate long reads, scanning is very responsive/fast.

I bit the bullet and got a Sig 2000 before this season. Its incredible compared to my Nikon.

i got my wife the sig kilo2000 this year as well. it's range and response times are pretty impressive although my only other experience is with Nikon. I might pick up another from SWFA with that kind of deal.

I have the sig 800, and if the others are like it you can't go wrong, it's lights out better than my old leupold.

The vortex ranger has always worked well for me. Both Archery hunting and rifle hunting... I cannot see why I would swap it out unless I needed something to handle longer ranges. I can easily range hill sides 700-800 yards and that is a lot farther than I will ever shoot. the red display works well for me and is very easy to see in low light. I originally had an old Leupold unit and it also worked fine but was limited on range and had the old "black" display which was very hard to read in low light. I am not a long range shooter, but I like to think I am pretty critical of my gear (I buy and sell lots of outdoor gear) and I would definitely give the vortex a hard look.

Spend the money and buy a leica. It will make all the models you mentioned look like junk and its only a little more money. You can thank me later. The size of the beam is smaller which means it will work better on flatter ground or in sage brush. Picture a flashlight on a table. Divergence is the term to describe this and its what separates good rangfinders from average rangfinders.

I have the leupold rx1200i-TBR, and it's pretty awesome. Reads accurate, quick, and is easily visible with the red display. Not sure what else I could ask for. I honestly don't know what more I'd ask for.

I just got my first rangefinder and went with the Leupold 1200i TBR. Seems like a well made unit, good warranty and Leupold supports public lands. The ballistic function seems pretty cool although can't say how accurate it is. Perhaps I'll have a better idea after the antelope opener this weekend. Think I paid $340 from BH Photo.

Spend the money and buy a leica. It will make all the models you mentioned look like junk and its only a little more money. You can thank me later.

no disrespect, but you obviously haven't used the Sig...I've used both. Guaranteed the Sig will go head to head with the Leica. My dad has owned the Leica 1600 for several years now and recently bought the Sig 2000. I've had the Sig for about a year now as well. We'll do more comparisons as the season goes on, but so far I can't see any reason for spending the extra on a Leica that can't range any farther, faster, or more accurately than the Sig.

Back