Range finding binos/Leica 3000

Cheesehead

Can anyone comment on Leica Hd-B 3000s?
Ok deal lined up but wanting feedback

Additionally, any feedback pro/con from folks who have moved to RF Binos vs regular binos and stand-alone RF.

I’d be going from SLCs / Kilo 1000 for reference

handwerk

I've been using older models of Geovids for 10+ years and have never had any problems. I consider Leica RF's among the best and although I have other nice binos when it comes to purely hunting use, I always use the Geovids. I suspect the view will be as good or better than your SLC's depending on their vintage.

npaden

I have the 2200's and they seem to be great to me. They are the best binocular I've ever had from an optical perspective.

pyrotechnic

I have the 8x42 HDb 3000. My only complaint is they are bulky. They are about the size of my 15x56 SLC

Optically I think they are a bit better than the 10x42 SLC NEU they replaced. I don't think they are quite as good as the newer 15x56 SCL.

Overall I am super happy with them I snagged them right as the .coms came out and got a really good price. Leica seems to drop a new LRF bino every couple years and the "old" version always tanks in value so I do think that getting the older version is the way to go. I imagine there will be deals to be had with the new PRO's being released.

stk

Can't comment on the Leicas but I do have a pair of the Sig RF binos. You can't beat the speed and convenience. Much easier than switching back and forth between binos and RF. I gave up some optics quality going to the Sig, but I don't think I'll ever go back to two different devices again.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monkbuilder