PEAX Equipment

Ram/ Aoudad Recipes or Ideas?

bigbuck247

I've heard several people say they are inedible, but I always try anything I hunt atleast once. Anyone have any recipes or ways they prefer to cook ram or aoudad? I was thinking of trying to do it ground like they make gyros and mix 50/50 with beef (which is what most of the places around here do for gyros anyway but with lamb and beef). TIA

Barbary tastes great. It’s got a bad reputation because #1 people kill them very far from civilization and don’t get the meat on ice quickly enough and #2 people try to cook it like beef and that’s just not going to work for tough lean meat of any kind.

Get the meat cool quickly and either grind it or cook it low and slow. If you try to cook steaks, even cooked rare, it’s extremely tough or impossible to chew.

Barbary tastes great. It’s got a bad reputation because #1 people kill them very far from civilization and don’t get the meat on ice quickly enough and #2 people try to cook it like beef and that’s just not going to work for tough lean meat of any kind.

Get the meat cool quickly and either grind it or cook it low and slow. If you try to cook steaks, even cooked rare, it’s extremely tough or impossible to chew.
Yeah their ok , it’s so dang hard getting them packed out and on ice
in 90-105 weather, the hams and backstraps are good
soak in pineapple juice and al pastor spice and make tacos
shoot some lambs and cook cabrito style

Shot a ram in January this year. Meat was taken care of quickly and I actually really like it. The meat is a bit tough but the burger is awesome and has zero gamey taste. Besides bison it is my favorite tasting burger. I'd be happy to shoot another one

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back