PEAX Equipment

Rabbit/Hare SWA Colorado

PBenjamin

Looking for some good SWA or STL for rabbit hunts in colorado Nov. and Dec. and tips??

Any luck in responses? I relocated to Steamboat Springs and am looking for some small game opportunities around here when rifle season ends, and between 3rd and 4th season.

New to small game in the West. Do you typically focus on open BLM or in higher pine/NF habitat?

Any luck in responses? I relocated to Steamboat Springs and am looking for some small game opportunities around here when rifle season ends, and between 3rd and 4th season.

New to small game in the West. Do you typically focus on open BLM or in higher pine/NF habitat?
+1
BB.jpg

I haven't hunted small game near Steamboat. I have mainly seen snowshoe hares up around 8-9500 feet. I haven't spent a lot of time in the lower BLM, but you should be able to find Cottontails and Jacks at lower elevations.

I know that isn't a ton of info, but that's what I can tell you.

Also looking for this using Denver as a hub. New to small game and don’t really know what to look for on onX

I haven't hunted rabbits since I was a kid. I have been predator hunting quite a bit and there are a lot of rabbits out there. As kids we would walk around the BLM in the Durango and Ignacio area and spook them up. Shoot em quick before they go in their hole. It really is a lot of fun. Best thing to do is get out there and walk around. Don't forget if you see a coyote it's fair game.

I haven't hunted rabbits since I was a kid. I have been predator hunting quite a bit and there are a lot of rabbits out there. As kids we would walk around the BLM in the Durango and Ignacio area and spook them up. Shoot em quick before they go in their hole. It really is a lot of fun. Best thing to do is get out there and walk around. Don't forget if you see a coyote it's fair game.
Awesome! Serious question, what do you do with a Coyote?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back