Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Quiet Pack Cover

sra61

I recently upgraded my daypack. I had been using an old Cabela's fleece pack for a long time and it is trashed, so I did a lot of research, and decided on a Stone Glacier Approach. The one thing I was surprised by where all of the best quality packs were concerned was the lack of any very quiet material used in the bags. I think the Stone Glacier material is not all that noisy, but most of my deer hunting is for whitetails in the timber where a lot of times a 20 yd shot is more likely than not. So I started to think about a fleece cover, and again I was surprised to see that there are almost none to be had! I found one that they wanted $90 for and was not impressed, so I just made one. I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. It's pretty basic.

Awesome idea, I'm anxious to see how it works for you and I may experiment with making my own up.

Nice work. My wife did the same for me (I don't have any sewing skills). One in orange (like yours) and a camo one as well.

They work well. I've been thinking about adding a strap that goes around the pack - I've had brush pull it off even though it's a snug fit. I'll be interested to see how you like yours.

Nice work. My wife did the same for me (I don't have any sewing skills). One in orange (like yours) and a camo one as well.

They work well. I've been thinking about adding a strap that goes around the pack - I've had brush pull it off even though it's a snug fit. I'll be interested to see how you like yours.

Yeah, I was thinking about just putting a couple of slits for the top of the frame stays to pull through, that would keep it in place if I need to. I could do the same on the bottom where there are a couple of compression straps. I want to see how this works first. I used one of those cord locks on the bungie cord around the edge and it holds pretty tight, we'll see.

A couple of slits or loops for the pack compression straps/buckles will keep it on. Those along with velcro are what keep the fleece panels on my Kifaru.

Bumping this old thread to see if anyone is aware of quiet pack covers that have hit the market in recent years?

I have a new whitetail spot that just doesn't lend itself to dragging a deer out, but I find a pack to be way too noisy for the kind of hunting I do, in these thick woods.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back