Caribou Gear

Quick trip to SW MN

VikingsGuy

My son is off at a national debate tournament and my son-in-law is at an out of town funeral, so it was up to me and Dakotah to chase some roosters around southwest MN alone. A guy at work's elderly mother has some CRP on her old homestead that I was able to hunt. The land had been hunted fairly hard during previous weeks, but Dakotah still found a few birds - unfortunately 4 were hens, just one rooster -- but seeing as she did her job it was incumbent on me to do mine - shot made. A nice morning walk, fun to watch Dakotah work the field, a bird in the fridge - all in all a productive if not stellar outing.

DakPh.png

I love my Berreta A400 in 12 ga, it is my go to shotgun when things are reasonably dry. On a rainy day my synthetic stocked Beneli M2 is the choice. Both rock solid guns.
Beautiful gun. I tend to have problems with Berettas smacking me in the cheek during the shot so I steer towards Benellis. I have a big cheek though.

Beautiful gun. I tend to have problems with Berettas smacking me in the cheek during the shot so I steer towards Benellis. I have a big cheek though.
This stock was lengthened and has a fair amount of cast off added to it for a good fit. My gun guy says I have fat cheek bones.

Last edited:
Back