Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Quail opener!!!

Calif. Hunter

This Saturday is quail opener here in California. I've been looking forward to it for weeks! It's so much fun and a fun way to get in shape for big game. I'll also get to shoot a few ground squirrels and maybe a coyote and/or a hog. I've got my guns packed up and other stuff all together. I have my elk rifle and back-up so I can do a final check of the sights and any fine-tuning that needs to be done.
Then in two weeks I leave for New Mexico and elk and deer!

Cali,
Good Luck to you Saturday, and have fun

Thanks, LB and Elkhunter. Unfortunately, there was just too much food and water everywhere. The quail were really scattered in the heavy brush, and the wild pigs were in all the usual quail hot spots. I never saw so many hogs out in the middle of the day, in the open and so oblivious to us. No real big boars, but a lot of sows and small boars.
I did get sighted in for elk with my new scope, and I shot the best group of my life with my .223 (.342 of an inch!) and managed to nail a few ground squirrels. We had fun (drank too much beer Friday night!) and sweated a lot on Saturday for 4 quail! Luckily, Sunday was cooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back