public land Hog hunt Texas

lakedelavan

Hello everyone i am looking for a hog hunt in texas and i was wondering if you could do in on public land. If anyone has please help me on and give me some tips on some areas. Thanks.

Any east texas national forest...davy crockett...Sam rayburn...etc. There's plenty of acreage that is available for public use...go to tpwd office and get the public land maps as well as the additional license

Not sure where you are coming from, but I would recommend Lowndes WMA a couple states over in Alabama. They have a special season in March and another in August that is just for hogs. I've hunted it 3 or 4 times over the years and have never left without at least 1 hog in the truck and opportunities at more usually. That place is wrapped up with hogs and in a dry year hunting them is as simple as finding the remaining water and putting on the miles. You WILL find them. I believe all it takes is a $40 small game non-resident license to hunt them, so it's on the cheap as well. PM me if you want more information. I'm no help in Texas though, sorry...

You might find some on the public land around lake Texoma. I personally have never seen any while at my families lake house but I know they are around and some guys do private land hog hunts in the area. There is quite a bit of Corps of Engineers land that is in the flowage easement and I have seen hunters traveling by boat during the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back