Yeti GOBOX Collection

Public Comment Opportunity for Hunting in Oregon State Parks

FI460

After seeing how heavily the anti crowd weighed in on the WA spring bear hunt public comment I figured we shouldn't let any opportunity pass.

Oregon is looking at clarifying the rules around hunting in state parks. Comments are open until January 27th. It looks like there have only been a few submissions, mostly in support, but one fellow claimed that hunting shares no common understanding or values with other outdoor activities.

I requested in my comment that the department consider some kind of gis approach for folks to access.

Done.

The rule change makes sense the state should be able to just provide a map rather than having to post it everywhere. I think in addition to a map the state should provide a .kmz, WMS similar layer that OnX or the like could easily add into their system.

Thanks for posting, I just submitted my comments.

Don't read mine when they publish it. I rattled off a comment during my morning break and it got rambley. I wanted to be sure I got it done before I went back in the office since I knew I wouldn't have time to revisit it...

Don't read mine when they publish it. I rattled off a comment during my morning break and it got rambley. I wanted to be sure I got it done before I went back in the office since I knew I wouldn't have time to revisit it...
Oh I will judge you. I'm confident my comment betrays how little I really know about the subject, but mostly wanted to put in a good word for hunters and what swell people we are.

Back