Proposed reg changes

WildWill

Interested in what my neighbors to the south think of this specifically the turkey changes. Mandatory reporting is a no brainer IMO especially if tpw is concerned about population levels. But completely ending turkey season in parts of 2 counties and the entirety of one plus ending spring season for 4 counties seems like a big jump. Would love to hear some insight from some locals.

I haven’t read it, but I can say from my very limited personal experience turkey seem to be very susceptible to predators. At my place in San Saba we had turkey for years then the coyotes blew up and the quail and turkey vanished. The turkey came back but the quail haven’t.

At our property a few hours east, TPWD did a reintroduction program a few years ago. I can’t remember the exact number of birds released but I do remember seeing a few flocks for a few years. Once again the coyotes came in and I haven’t seen or heard any birds in about two years, the cotton tails have dried up too.

I haven’t read it, but I can say from my very limited personal experience turkey seem to be very susceptible to predators. At my place in San Saba we had turkey for years then the coyotes blew up and the quail and turkey vanished. The turkey came back but the quail haven’t.

At our property a few hours east, TPWD did a reintroduction program a few years ago. I can’t remember the exact number of birds released but I do remember seeing a few flocks for a few years. Once again the coyotes came in and I haven’t seen or heard any birds in about two years, the cotton tails have dried up too.
I have permission on family land around Clarksville turkey numbers have been down for so long haven't hunted them there for over a decade. Hunting next month east of Brownwood hoping to find plenty of gobblers.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back