Caribou Gear Tarp

prohunter

deputy338

Anybody here shoot an encore prohunter? I am mainly a browning guy, but I have always wanted to muzzleloader hunt to extend my seasons. I kind of like the idea of swapping barrels but no one I personally know owns one....so you guys and gal are the next best thing.

I shoot one. I bought it as the .50 cal and added a .300 mag. barrel later. The .50 is my favorite deer killer!

I really like my set-up. I topped it with a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40 scope and use 2 50 grain pellets of 777 pushing a 240 grain Shockwave sabot. Don't really find blood trails, I find puddles! Are there many to be found any more? I don't think they're still being made.

picture.php

anything from TC is top of the line. I have an Encore 209x50 that is as precision shooting as any custom rifle. After carrying that rig for any length of time, you will be a killing machine. One of the most miserable weapons I've ever carried.

My pro hunter is in 300wm and is an absolute tack driver but I sold my 2 extra barrels because I never trusted the idea of just swapping barrels and go hunting so I would have to make a trip to the range to verify it anyways.... Might as well just buy another full blown rifle and have it all sighted in ready to go when you need it. But that's just my opinion I'm sure lots of people can prove it works just fine

I would still check the zero if thats the rifle I choose. I already do it regardless of the distance of travel with the rifle i have now.

I bought my extra barrel from Gunbroker and saved a bundle. Bought the scope for it on Ebay. Think my total cost was around $450 for a SS 300mag barrel plus a Leupold scope. Cheaper than a complete rifle/scope combo. Plus, the wife didn't complain about "another" rifle! Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back