Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Primos Trigger Stick Problems.

RobertR

Just curious if anyone has had their Primos Trigger Stick quit working. Mine recently quit releasing both in and out. I did a search and most people returned their sticks to Primos and they sent them a replacement stick. It's not needed if your not afraid of taking it apart. What happens is the ajustment rod to release the leg or legs comes loose because the jam nut is no longer jamed. Not sure what Primos spec is for the rod length but you can test it before putting all the way back together. If you guys have a problem I can walk you through the tear down and reassembly.
It was really frustrating this morning when neither leg would collapse or fall freely. I really like using them for the binoculars.

Try looking at the legs to handle connection spot first. Had a couple come unscrewed and cause them to make noise then stick completely. Now that I know what to look for it is easy to keep tightened up and working properly.

When they come slightly unscrewed it changes the length of the release mechanism and it doesn't function properly.

Way easier place to start looking without tearing it all apart and adding lube which may hold dirt to make your problems worse. I have had one where all the legs started acting bad at the same time and that is an adjustment of a linkage under the handle that can be accessed by removing one small screw on back of handle and then loosening a jamb nut to turn the linkage length adjustment screw star wheel and retightening the jamb nut.

Attachments

• 20200516_230442.jpg
    20200516_230442.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Try looking at the legs to handle connection spot first. Had a couple come unscrewed and cause them to make noise then stick completely. Now that I know what to look for it is easy to keep tightened up and working properly.

When they come slightly unscrewed it changes the length of the release mechanism and it doesn't function properly.

Way easier place to start looking without tearing it all apart and adding lube which may hold dirt to make your problems worse. I have had one where all the legs started acting bad at the same time and that is an adjustment of a linkage under the handle that can be accessed by removing one small screw on back of handle and then loosening a jamb nut to turn the linkage length adjustment screw star wheel and retightening the jamb nut.

Reviving a zombie thread. My shooting tripod had one leg get stuck out on our recent antelope hunt and I was about to tear it apart to see if I could fix it. Came across this thread and your image in particular. I just took a look at mine, and sure enough, the leg was a bit unscrewed. I just screwed it all the way in and it works like a champ.

Back