Powerbelt bullets are hard to find?

windymtnman

I drew a muzzleloader permit for Elk this Fall. I've been looking for some high grain weight Powerbelt bullets in .54 caliber, and thus far, it seems like most of the popular vendors that sell ammo don't have them in stock? I guess I can
understand some popular ammo being sold out, but Powerbelts?
Anyone know where I can buy them?

Last time I was in sportsmans in town they had a whole rack of them. Out of town but I can swing by and see what they have later this week. Not sure what calibor or grain I know they had .50.

I have found that nearly everything for .54 has been increasingly difficult to find over the past few years. Others have told me the same.

I personally had trouble with accuracy from power belts.
I believe the cup on the bottom would deform when being loaded and steer the bullet erratically.
I shot the no excuses bullets a couple years ago and love them.
They are easily ordered in the size you need.

Pb's have lots of bullet failures on elk up close. I have personally seen 3 where the bullet didn'tpenitrate under 75yards. The lead is too soft . Look for something else

I drew a muzzleloader permit for Elk this Fall. I've been looking for some high grain weight Powerbelt bullets in .54 caliber, and thus far, it seems like most of the popular vendors that sell ammo don't have them in stock? I guess I can
understand some popular ammo being sold out, but Powerbelts?
Anyone know where I can buy them?

Local Sportsmans has these, would they work?

710941CD-AF7F-4406-93FC-3FC0B414EAB6.jpeg

I found some a month ago, but thank you for your input and trying to help out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back