• I use wild game but I don’t tell anyone it is wild game

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I use wild game and everyone is ok with it

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I am invited, but respectfully asked to not bring a dish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gellar

I feel like in December we have at least 1 pot luck a week at work for different groups of people. What do you bring to a work pot luck? Do you have something people request every year or do you just cut up some sticks and summer sausage and call it good?

Seams like a dish I often prepare for potlucks is BBQ meatballs in a crock pot. Always make them out of deer or elk b/c thats all that's in my freezer. Everybody knows it's game meat but they are always gone at the end of the day.

We have had 3 pot lucks already since thanksgiving. Last week I brought chicken noodle soup and the other two I brought or am bringing sloppy joes. I use elk/venison mixed with beef tallow for my sloppy joes.

Since I work in conservation most everyone is on board with wild game. Tomorrow for our pot luck it will be a mix of wildlife, fisheries, foresters, and education people. And there is usually a mix of wild game from summer sausages to jerky to smoked salmon or fish chowders.

I'm always in charge of the meat and cheese tray. Smoked cheddar and deer summer sausage (everyone knows and nobody cares) both jalapenos and cheese and plain. Although I pull my smoker up and cook for my coworkers all the time. They pitch in buy a brisket or pork shoulder etc. and I cook it.20220504_124023.jpg20220210_142612.jpg

I've been bringing moose tater tot casserole for the past 3 years. It's always one of the first dishes to get emptied.

We had ours today and this year was no different. I ate like a fat phuck and still feel like crap as I'm writing this. No ragerts!

I always change it up. Always wild game but never tell them it is wild game until afterwards (mainly for the women) so people go in with open mind. Afterwards I tell them and have yet to have someone say "I thought it was wild game" usually say "I would have never guessed that!"

We have a couple pot lucks and chili cookoffs during the fall and I'd bet half the dishes contain wild game of some sort. Everyone, even if they don't hunt, are aware its wild game and almost always love it. We've also got a table where folks can bring snacks to set out to share and there's usually a few bags of jerky or summer sausage or snacks sticks out there every week.

I've brought elk sausage to potluck parties and it has been well received. Nothing like inebriated women raving about "Rocky's" firm sausage" at the Superbowl party!

My Gf's family loves the Cheese boards I put together with my clients' cheeses.

At work, I've made Rocky Mountain Oysters, and Pulled Pork, and will probably do Beef Bourguignon next. The Volunteer Fire Dept Potluck is so big stuff seems to be anonymous, so I'll do a Tamale pie.

The FFA cake auction was this week and our last name fell under "Salad" Costco Caesar to the rescue...
These were my daughter's entries

1671142785048.png

1671142806199.png

Honestly, I have this thing about potlucks. I mean I have seen some people's houses. I only take stuff that if I know where it came from. That said I have taken homemade summer sausage and it is always a big hit. Roosevelt beans always seem to go over well too.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back