Possible cure for worse of Flu's

ELKCHSR

South Korean scientists say kimchi could cure bird flu

SEOUL (AFP) - An extract of South Korea (news - web sites)'s famed spicy fermented cabbage dish known as kimchi could cure bird flu and other chicken diseases, scientists said.

Researchers at Seoul National University said chickens infected with the deadly bird flu virus began recovering a week after they were fed with fermented bacilli extracted from kimchi.

The experiment has yet to be scientifically proven but professor Kang Sa-Ouk said kimchi did appear to have a curative effect.

Kimchi, made by fermenting cabbage with radishes, red peppers, garlic and ginger, is a symbol of national cuisine.

"Our research showed the chickens fed with a cultured fluid of fermented bacilli extracted from kimchi were recovering rapidly from bird flu and other diseases," Kang said.

"Only four of the 26 chickens used for our experiment died within four days," he said.

Park said his team needs more research to see whether the extract is an effective remedy against bird flu. "We will speed up a chemical study into its constituents," he said.

Since late 2003 millions of birds and 69 humans in Asia have been infected with bird flu. A total of 33 people have died in Vietnam, 12 in Thailand and one in Cambodia.

Kimchi consumption rose sharply two years ago when some Asian countries were hit by SARS. It was reputed to prevent the respiratory disease although there was no scientific proof.

I had a horrible cold about a month ago. My mother found out and I knew what was coming, Kimchee soup. It does make you feel better if you can get past the smell. When it comes time for the cure to exit the body I wonder "why did I eat that?". :D

I get most of it off Yahoo news.
But once in awhile I post up the E-Mails I get... Like the one I am putting up today...
Guess the origin of the Joe Arpaio post came from... :)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back